YOUTH MINISTRIES is an integral part of Grace Presbyterian Church. Students are the life blood and future of Grace and God’s kingdom on earth. During the middle and high school years, Grace youth experience all aspects of church life, from worship and study to leadership and service. Youth are part of the church family and do not walk alone on their faith journey. We believe that a youth’s parents and family are integral partners in that journey.
Questions about Student Ministries? Contact Kirk Anderson, Director of Student Ministries.
INSPIRE (Grades 6th through 8th)
As youth continue to develop their own identities and walk the awkward steps of middle high school, we provide opportunities to help them make decisions in their lives that are Jesus-led and support the goals of their family. Activities include:
- INSPIRE Fellowship: Wednesday afternoons after school is a time of games, social interaction and discussion about how Jesus wants to be involved in their everyday lives.
- INSPIRE Sunday Discussions: Between services at 10 a.m. Sunday mornings in the Youth Center, is a Bible-based discussion that centers on how the bible and its teachings are important in truly knowing God and His teachings.
A Robinson Middle School-based ministry reaching out to youth on their home turf, WYLDlife is our partnership with YoungLIFE of Wichita. From WYLDlife Club here at Grace to Bible study clubs at Robinson, it’s an opportunity to meet Jesus is provided in a non-discriminatory environment where all youth are welcome.
IGNITE (Grades 9th through 12th)
Youth as young adults have many temptations before them as they continue their journey to adulthood. The opportunities for fellowship, worship, service and study help build a faith foundation that will serve them the rest of their lives. Activities include:
- IGNITE Fellowship: Wednesday evening throughout the year, fellowship tackles the tough questions of life and how using God as a guide will help them make good and wise decisions.
- IGNITE Sunday Discussion: Meeting at 10 a.m. Sunday mornings between services, these discussions focus on how the Bible’s teachings are important in truly knowing God and His teachings.
- Summer Mission Trip: This annual 10-day event breaks down barriers, allows for God to envelop their lives and moves youth out of their daily comfort zone through service to others. Trips are designed to help youth explore where they are in their walk with Jesus while exposing them to the needs of our fellow brothers and sisters.